- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God and it is God speaking to us and showing us His ways. “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe in the Trinity, that is, God the Father, God the Son/Savior, and God the Holy Spirit – the Comforter/Counselor, “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19b)
- We believe in person salvation through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior for the forgiveness of our sins. He gives us eternal life through faith. “…believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.” (Acts 16:31)
- We believe in believers’ baptism. This is an adult/youth baptism by immersion in water. It is a living “object lesson” which we experience after our profession of faith. “We are therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” (Romans 6:4)
- We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that (1) brings us eternal life, (2) brings us into fellowship with all other believers, (3) gives us power in ministry and (4) gives us understanding of the Word of God and direction in ministry.
- We believe in the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of His broken body and His shed blood on the Cross for the remission of our sins. (I Corinthians 1:13-34)
- We believe that the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ for His Church may happen at any time. “For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are alive and are left will be with the Lord forever. Therefore, encourage each other with these words.” (I Thessalonians 4:16-18)
These are our beliefs for faith, fellowship, and the furtherance of the Gospel. Other teachings are received from the Bible through Bible Study and through sermons. We try to present the Word of God in an everyday language for everyday circumstances.