Where are we?
Cornelia Avenue Baptist Church is located at 1709 W. Cornelia Avenue, 3500 North & 1700 West, Chicago, IL 60657. The church occupies a frame building built around 1897 by the Endeavor Presbyterian Church. The building is believed to be the work of the Chicago firm of Daniel H. Burnham and John W. Root.
The sanctuary is situated in the heart of the Lake View community. It is surrounded by excellent transportation opportunities: Lincoln Avenue is one block West; Ashland Avenue is two blocks East; Addison Street is one block North; and Belmont is within walking distance to the South. The Red and Brown lines of the elevated train-lines are one block to the South.
Our Classic Pipe Organ
Our church is the home of the classic pipe organ built in 1898 by the Lyon & Healy Company of Chicago – the “opus 1429”. Currently it is going through extensive renovation by the Bradford Organ Company of Evanston. It is listed with The Organ Historical Society, Chicago-Midwest Chapter. As a historical organ it is scheduled on the Annual Autumn Crawl.
We’re currently accepting applications ad vetting for a dedicated, seminary trained, biblically knowledgeable pastor to lead the flock at Cornelia.
Cornelia Avenue Baptist Church is an independent congregation, taking full responsibility for the development of all programs, budgets and for the general upkeep of its property. We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Illinois State Baptist Convention and the Chicago Metro Chicago Association.
Additionally, Messianic Congregation of Chicago conducts its services Saturdays in our building. We have enjoyed an excellent relationship with them for several years under the direction of `Ryan Karp and Roy Schwarcz.